Ember's tips

I love a helpful tip so I figured why not share them with others. I get them from books, magazines, friends and experience.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

How to store the bed sheets

After I heard this one I thought it was so obvious, why didn't I think of that. An easy way to keep sheet sets together is to fold the sheets like you you normally would, but store them inside the pillow case that they go with. Just tuck them down at the bottom and fold under the extra pillowcase and it makes a neat little package. It helps keep the linen closet tidy and it's quick to just grab a case and not have to shuffle through piles of sheets. I usually end up with an avalanche every time I stack them up, and this really helps to avoid that and keep everything together.

2 Comments:

Blogger Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Here's another tip for you:
When bitten by a mosquito, put a drop of water on the itchy spot and then sprinkle on Adolf's non-seasoned meat tenderizer. It comes in a clear bottle with a red lid. The powder is white. Rub the tenderizer in until the spot no longer itches. Let it dry then brush any remaining powder off. This works best if used on fairly fresh mosquito bites (Approx. 3 hours or less). The meat tenderizer breaks down protein and the poisen injected by the mosquito is protein based. Sarah and I used to use this every night during the summer when we were eaten alive. :)

9:08 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

That is an awesome idea - thanks!

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home