Ember's tips

I love a helpful tip so I figured why not share them with others. I get them from books, magazines, friends and experience.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Bumping the board game

This one is to help with those times when someone (often the kids) bumps the game board like Monopoly, and the board moves enough that all the game pieces move and you can't remember where everyone was. I buy a piece of no slip carpet pad, the kind that isn't sticky, and I cut it in a square to fit under all of our game boards. I just roll it up and keep it in our game basket, and lay it under the board each time we play. This idea also works for the players pieces. The carpet pad might be to thick for the little pieces, so I use those little cork stickers that you can buy on a sheet and they're usually cut in assorted sized circles, they're flat and already sticky. Then just stick one under each game piece and leave them there permanently. It really helps them from getting bumped around.

2 Comments:

Blogger Little Snortster said...

About every third turn of Catan with the kids, Matt says, "Don't bump the board." in a loud grouchy sounding voice.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Emberli said...

I corrected my buys. I had "by" and meant buy. I really do know the difference, I don't know why I had that.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home